Friday, June 19, 2009

What Wren Says...

Conversations with Wren have been quite funny recently. This morning we were driving away from the airport when Wren noticed the control tower (which he calls the 'trol tower). He asked "Where is the trolls in the 'trol tower?" I laughed. "They is just play around and they live in the troll-tower and they say 1-2-3 GO airplane!"
***
[in little singsong voice] "He is sleeping on a chair. Kitty. Kitty is sleeping. Is sleeping.... I am tickling him, tickling 'im. Kitty. Kitty. I am going to sleep with you [Wren climbs on kitty who jumps down and stalks off.] Oh, I make 'im wake up. I letting kitty to go night-night in there [gesturing to garden]"
***
"Is Wren going to die this?" Wren asks, while I am brushing his teeth? He looks mischievous but I am alarmed. I don't like any jokes about dying. "Why do you think you are going to die?" I ask. "That is silly questions" laughs Wren. "No," I say "its not a really silly question." I am not sure where to go with this but I feel guilty for worrying - as if my anxiety may infect Wren with a mortal dread. This is not the case right now as he battles with a puzzle and dreads only "why this not going on MOOMMMMMMMYYY!!!"

No comments: