Monday, May 4, 2009

No Improvement

Frost suggested to me that if HE had my sickness and lived on a desert island he would pick one of those young coconuts from a tree and smash it open with a rock and drink the water inside. This was after a conversation in which he nagged to drink my Gatorade (my primary source of calories) and didn't understand that I couldn't drink his Odwalla.

I had an absolutely awful afternoon yesterday. The food I ate over 6 hours (a slice of white toast, chicken broth with noodles, a 1/4 cup of applesauce and plain yoghurt) was too much and I had the worst attack of the stomach convulsions. I lay in bed wishing for prescription painkillers for 8 hours (those of you who know me may recall I never used the prescriptions given after labor and had no pain meds for either delivery so this was BAD). It subsided at 10pm and I slept OK.

When I woke this morning it was back to a dull nonspecific ache but I am really done with not knowing what it is. Have I developed a sudden food allergy, a hidden bowel obstruction, appendicitis? I am just frustrated that its the weekend and, facing either 30 hours of clear fluids followed by a wait for a doctor's appointment, I have decided to check out the ER.

I don't know if they will see me. I mean, I can be pretty OK if I don't eat. We shall see what they say.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad you were able to get some rest, but I hope you find out some answers soon. How awful! I hope you feel better.

Jane said...

I am just seeing this now Shannon. I'm so sorry. This sounds just like my friend who had diverticulitis. Have you had a scope?

Ugh. I'm sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. This was not what I was expecting to see :(