Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CAT report

My abdominal scan was normal. The doctor has recommended I see a gastroenterologist and "try some Pepsid AC or other antacid to see if that enables you to.. um... take some food."

What?

Perhaps I am overreacting but that makes me feel as if he doesn't appreciate what I am experiencing. I am supposed to just kind of try and eat some food with an OTC antacid?

I want someone to say "YOU HAVEN'T EATEN MORE THAN A BOWL OF SOUP IN DAYS???? LETS CHECK YOUR BLOOD TO SEE THAT YOU AREN'T DYING RIGHT NOW ##$#^^!!!"

I don't sense any urgency.

I need to eat, urgently.

This evening I have had a cup of clear chicken broth I made myself and a 1/2 cup of fruit & veggie juice blend.

1 comment:

tamusana said...

It sounds like you're wasting away. I have ample fat stores I'd be happy to donate to your very worthy cause :-) Just got to figure out how to smoosh it through cyberspace....

I don't understand why it's taking so long for them to let you go to a gastroenterologist. Is this tied to health insurance, or has your GP just not thought (until now) that it was necessary?

Your recent postings have made me acutely aware that I am eating or drinking something every time I drop in to read your blog. Hmmm....

(Interesting tidbit: the word that I have to type below in the "word verification" field in order to leave my comment is "eaturso". Do you think these 'words' are actually generated based on the comment content??!)

Tam