Sunday, April 5, 2009

The many uses of an iPod

Yesterday Mervyn bought us an iPod dock / bedside clock combo. The idea was that I would be able to tell the time when Wren wakes in the night rather than waving the flashlight around the room looking for the time on my analog wristwatch. We are also going to take the dock to Port Julia to make sure the kids can dance to Michael Jackson at the beach. Its a lovely little thing with a bright blue light display and doubles as a night light for Wren. "BLUE" he said, in the dark.

This morning when Wren woke up the blue time said 4.35am . I can't believe that I have crossed the international date line, adjusted from NSW to SA time and now we have another hour of 'daylight saving' adjustment to contend with. With 'old' time this was 5.35am yesterday. Argh.

Thankfully I have been able to keep us occupied in the bedroom for almost an hour while we explore the features of the iPod touch, via Mum's wireless connection. In Seattle, I don't bother much with the internet via iPod but I have been enjoying it and checked my email in bed (not much of it since everyone except Reiko has stopped emailing me while I am away). Wren likes to look at the photos of himself as a baby and I showed him how we could check on the weather in Durban, Seattle and Adelaide. It looks as if Seattle will be warming up this week (finally), we are going to have mid 70s sunny weather here in Australia while Durban (South Africa - where Dad lives) is the place to be for heat and humidity.

Also, did you know that an iPod with a white message screen makes a great flashlight? We crept through the dark house by the light of the iPod and didn't wake anyone. In a few minutes I will be able to turn on the tea kettle which roars like a jet engine and make myself some instant coffee. Then the day will have begun.

Wren is watching Dora the Explorer reruns. Since the Dora marathon he watched on the airbus he is now a great fan and choses Dora / Diego over Bananas in Pajamas.

No comments: