Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy birthday, diabetic cat.

Its ten past 5 and Wren is asleep on the couch. I took him for a drive to fetch our cat from the vet and he fell asleep in the car on the way home. I poked and prodded and carried him in from the car but he refused to wake up so I plonked him on the couch and turned on Bones and he is still sleeping. I guess my plan to stop his daily naptime in exchange for better nighttime sleep is premature.

Anyway, it seems the cat may have diabetes. When we returned home she seemed a bit unwell and had a strange low-slung swagger to her back legs. The vet is waiting on blood test results. Our mail hold which should have stopped on Saturday is still in effect (due to some postal service glitch) so I have seen no mail yet AND IT IS JOSH's BIRTHDAY and the icecream cake is freezing a hole in my pocket (well, my imagination) because Josh is home later from work than expected.

We are still jet lagged and very overdue with blog posts. They are lining up in my mind as I go to sleep.

Today, Wren and I did gardening and mowed the lawn.

On the way home from the vet Frost made a geek joke:

Frost: Shannon, why can Father Christmas breathe anywhere?
Me: I don't know.
Frost: Because he says HO HO HO....
Me: I don't get it.
Frost: Hydrogen = H, Oxygen = O - he always says OXYGEN!

I thought this quite funny. We debated whether he could really SAY "ho" underwater.

No comments: