Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is 4.15am morning?

Another 30 minute time zone change has done in Wren's 5am wake time. This morning it was "I want get up. All done nap time?" at 4.15am. We stayed in the bedroom till 5.15am but it is not day by any stretch of the imagination.

Wren is sitting on Mum's ride-on digger (rented from a toy library) and noticed the lights of the city below.

"What is that there?" he asked.
"Those of the lights of the city," I said.
"Want go there"
"We will go to the beach on the other side of the city. But its too early. Its dark."
"Want to go beach now, right now. NOT TOO DARK."

I wish I could show you how dark it is. It is mid-winter dark with all the lights on. Its not even half light.

"I got that sun in my eyes!" adds Wren, rubbing them.
"There is no sun. Its dark" I emphasize.
"No, I got that sun in my eyes!"

1 comment:

tamusana said...

What can I say... it's very amusing to read from afar, but you must be pretty wiped out. A 5am wake-up is brutal at the best of times. I can't fathom 4:15.

At least you have license to fall asleep at the beach (and help in looking after the kids). Hope the weather is good.