Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Frost goes online

Frost's email this evening. This is a response to the ongoing loss of coats crisis.
-----------------------------
Hello. This is a message to all of you.

I have lost my coat and I would like you to please please check your house because I have had playdates with your kids recently and it might be there.

One of them is blue and black and is a fleece. Its mainly blue. The other one is black with a little bit of yellow writing on it and the inside is grey and feels sort of velvety. It says NIKE on it. They have my name in them on the tag or some place like that.

PS. My Mom will fine me $20 if I don't find my coats soon. So please help.

FROM FROST

---------------------------

Tonight Frost used instant-messaging for the first time. He was checking his gmail when a friend came online and used gmail chat to text him. The IM was something like "hey man." I heard the beep and explained what it was. Frost was thrilled. "YO" he typed back. Elias made a smiley face. I showed Frost how to make a funny face. He made many faces and some hearts. Elias said he had to go and do homework. Frost said "homework sucks" even though he has never done any to my knowledge.

While we communed over toothbrushing Frost asked "don't teenagers text?" I said they text, often on their phones. He said "I am a texting teenager!"

At 9pm when I told Frost it was time for lights out and he should go and kiss Daddy, he asked if he could "text" him instead. He sent an IM "KISS" with a heart. Earlier he sent a heart and "YOU". He was sweet and coy and pleased about it.

He gave me a real kiss and Joshua a real goodnight too.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

ok seriously!! i love your boys they are both so creative intelligent and so fun!