Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hairdressing "in this economic climate"

My hairdresser let me go home like this today. Its called The Express Service and costs half the price for foils or a color. I love it. He did a cut AND color in 45 minutes and saved me time and money. I got to catch up on Top Chef while eating lunch on the couch with my glam look before my "ting-ger" went off for TIME UP and I washed it out.



Joey said he doesn't do The Express for people who want "a radical change in style" or "for timid people" who might be "anxious" washing it out themselves but otherwise its a great option.

Did I say "I love it?"

I like the color now too and I like not having a blow dry. I have always thought blow dries should be reserved for brides and television appearances but that is because I see no point in looking super sleek for 30 minutes when I don't blow-dry at home. The real test of a Mom in the Trenches haircut is that it can drip dry and still look super.

EDITED to add the AFTER shot.

4 comments:

Wyndi said...

ok that is so cool!i need his info! i bought a box of hair dye for the first time and did it myself was nerve wreaking since it was done 100%by me! but turned out ok i think:)but miss highlights...

foil pic is too cute show us the finished do also:)

we were at the zoo yesterday and saw the coin drop and thought of you guys!

Heather Jandusay said...

Where's the "after" pic?? I'm excited to see it, I can tell it must be adorable!

Shannon said...

Ok ok.

I have posted the AFTER pic.

Wyndi, I used to color my own hair for ages but I don't have that much kid-free time now and I just do it so rarely that I like to have it done for me.

Wyndi said...

your hair looks really good! great job!