Monday, January 5, 2009

More Christmas and More Snow

This will be no surprise to you in Seattle but its snowing AGAIN. We have another few inches on the ground and its still drifting down. The weather reports are for a thaw overnight but I am not sure of that myself. I know many of you are hoping for school tomorrow, so we shall have to see.

Odyssey 1 & Visiting Tacoma
Meanwhile, we have had a fun few days. On Friday we went down to Tacoma to visit Shawn and Sarah and spent some time at Odyssey 1, an arcade and climbing gym for kids that is fairly near their house. Wren and Frost loved Odyssey. Frost ran around until he was red in the face and Wren climbed high into the Under 4 climbing platform where we could not follow. He was laughing and peeping through the mesh walls and out the plexi-glass windows of the tunnel compartments. He "did it self" all the time. He also enjoyed hitting the ducks in the little arcade and pulling the tickets from machines after a game. Skee ball is another great favorite of his although his throws never reach a target.


Another little Christmas
Today felt like Christmas. Wren received gifts from Heather & Kyler and Laurie's family. He was very excited by some dinosaur transformers that Kyler passed on to him. One of them is causing us some hilarity. When transformed from a dinosaur it becomes "dinosaur pen*s guy". I know that can't be right but no matter how I manipulate it I cannot make that big ding-dong disappear! Here is dinosaur-pen*s-guy and Wren facing off over breakfast.





It is also a particular good season to go to thrift stores. All those toys displaced by Christmas gifts have found there way out to the charity pile and I picked up some lovely toys for Wren at Value Village. His favorite is a large Bob the Builder Scoop truck which says "are you ready" loudly.

Wren's is also enjoying a duplo airport and airplane which I bought on Craigslist. The game evolved from a game with a big cardboard box in which he sits in the box and pretends to be a pilot flying an airplane to "the mushrooms" (a poster on the wall) or "to see ganny" [in Australia]. Aeroplanes are all about Granny in this house! Now he plays guys going on the airplane, loading suitcases and getting off. Sometimes they "see ganny" other days they fly around aimlessly to load and unload packages.

I shall try and post some pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heather Jandusay said...

Ok, that has me lol... Kyler NEVER played with those things, so I had no idea about that particular one. Wrens expression is cracking me up..

Shannon said...

I know. It still cracks me up. The others are less PG rated and mutate with less alarming results!

We also love the little dinosaur book. We actually took it out of the library (for the 3rd time) because he enjoys it so much. BUT I must warn you about the SAD dinosaur page. He always wants to know why the dinosaurs are sad when confronted by the black skies and lightening of their impending doom. I tell him they "don't like clouds".