Sunday, November 9, 2008

extubated

I am typing this on the diminuitive keyboard of Josh's google-phone. The words are like pin-heads.

NEWS - Wren was extubated around 7.30am. He was stable overnight and I got a lot of infoat rounds.

They are watching his left arm pressure which was a bit high overnight indicating his mitral valve was
or rather is, stenotic. Now they have come down after he relaxed.

Extubation was rough but he is on only 40% O2 cpap now aftr he desatted a bit rolling & crying. He can talk
& has a very quiet husky voice. More later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there guys. We're so happy the surgery was successful and we hope today goes well for everyone. You're in our thoughts... Love, Shawn & Sarah

Gina and the Gang said...

Wow, extubated less than 24 hours later, what a champ! Versed is our drug of choice for calming Casey, even before he has his procedures. I'm not sure if it was given to me for my sugery a few weeks ago, but I went into the operating room awake, but not scared due to mild sedation. I remember waking up in the recovery room, but I don't remember any of the pain. Same for the rest of the night. So, he might remember it at the moment, but after you've been home for awhile, he won't have a lot of bad memories. Hang in there!

Waldorf school mama said...

I find myself returning to your blog hourly in hopes of new news.

We are all sending him, and you, our love constantly!!!

What an amazing little boy.
xoxo Tara and family

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh.. extubation...

when we were at Stanford 3 years ago... our little guy (who was quite ill back then)
took about 3 months to get off the vent.. it was horrible...

but it has alllll worked out...
but I remember the disappointment soo much.