Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Countdown to Discharge

Wow, things are really speeding up. I have left Josh at the hospital and we are all systems go for discharge. So far:

1) Peeing is resolved! It has been decided that it was a mixture of not enough fluid intake, slower response and lower dose of oral lasix. I think my drawing for Wren, invoking "Wren peeing" was also instrumental. It is Mommy going "hooray" when he pees.


2) EKG, X-ray, labs, echo were all good. The only fear in my gut is the old "how long will this repair last" question. His median gradient on the latest echo was 30 and peak was 60. SIXTY? I asked. They said it was that post-operatively too and probably varies a bit depending on how agitated Wren is. They feel that the median is fine in the moderate range.

3) ST Elevations on echo, much improved.

4) Lines and dressings are all off! No monitoring and no covered wounds. His chest incision is still covered by that invisible glue stuff but his chest tube stitch an hole are exposed.

4) He is in a fabulous mood, laughing, standing up and getting into mischief. Before the lines came out he was able to fix his toe pulsox himself by squeezing it and was using the respiration monitor leads as a puzzle "I take it out. Put it in. I DO IT!"


Last night we spent an hour and a half in the playroom. Wren was dressed for the first time since surgery (it makes him feel much better and safer) and I pulled out the leads because they kept alarming.

2 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

What a cute little wee one...

just darling...

anyway... wahhh hooo ... things are going great...

Praise God in Heaven...

anyway.. did you meet Raji on 3W??

The Portas said...

YAY PEE! I love the diaper butt sticking out. :)