Monday, November 17, 2008

Better night

We did better last night. Wren woke at 3am for the first time [milk & Tylenol] and then finally for the day at the now-customary 4.48am. We are now packing and drinking coffee with the dregs of the milk.

Here are a few pictures of the boys yesterday - watching koi from the bridge in the garden pond and Wren holding his digger made from balloons which we had made at the farmer's market.




Wren has not yet bathed or showered. He is very anxious undressed and barely let me wipe him down with a wet cloth last night. When he hears a bath running he worries for a long while, checking that its not Wren-bath. He does not like me to be in the shower either - running around telling everyone that Mummy is in the shower, all-done soon - until I am out.

Once again, I have no idea what to do about the tape residue all over him. It has become darker and darker as it has accrued mess and is now little black patches of sandpaper. The only thing that works is acetone but I can't use that on his skin this time!

5 comments:

The Portas said...

It sounds like Wren is recovering really well, minus some emotional trauma from the hospital. The emotional damage AND the tape residue will wear off with time. I can relate to your constant worries/questions. I've been feeling those constantly for about 9 months now. I hope those fade, too. Enjoy that beautiful weather! It's cold in MN and I'm already tired of it. :) Take care...xoxoxo

Kathy said...

Hi (again)...
Terri gave me your blog address...and I've followed you through surgery and recovery. SO glad that you're home and doing good!

About the tape residue...we use baby oil...it takes it right off! (then they are shiny and smell good!)

Hope it helps,
Kathy
http://rollersinvegas.blogspot.com

tamusana said...

2 days without a new post (clearly we have elevated expectations!) -- hope everything's OK. I'm sure it's pretty overwhelming getting back home....

Tam

Wyndi said...

Vaseline works for the tape residue also not as fast as baby oil bit works:)

Jane said...

Hi Shannon,

I've just read this post and the ones above. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with so much anxiety. I wish I had some words of comfort, but I'm in the same boat!

What I keep telling myself is that we have no idea what's in store for Ramona, good or bad. And the best I can do is try and raise her in an atmosphere of hope and life, that still somehow acknowledges the gravity and loss of what we're going through. I'm working on the details, but that's my mission statement ;)

If you're still having tape residue issues, send me your address and I'll pop some packets of unisolve in the mail. I've got a ton left from Ramona's tube-fed days, they work wonders...