Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Freaking out a bit

PS. I am trying to Have A Good Time in summer but I am freaking out a bit about Wren's cath. Yesterday, I asked the pediatrician if we could really wait a month for the cath and she said that from the notes it looked as if he was stable enough to wait and that if Dr Lewin knew then that was fine. He knows.

Even so, this morning I had to fight the urge to call and reschedule - to get the cath done ASAP so I can know what the facts are and get this surgical or non-surgical planning going - not necessarily surgery but the plan. On the other hand, I have heard many people regret rushing into scheduled surgical plans, especially when they are complicated and invasive and once I have a plan I will probably worry even more.

Wren is enjoying his summer right now so much (sun and brother home all day!) so... I guess. Still, its very stressful and I worry.

2 comments:

Wyndi said...

i am sorry that your having to worry for so long facing the cath and then waiting to plan and research doctors and "interventions" I have the book walk on water that someone had mentioned for you and if you would like to use it you can i bought it used off amazon a while ago for a very very low price i really think it was under 3$ WE have had some news from neurology that has me unsettled so I am sorry that i have not called yet but I have been meaning to call adn say hello and offer the book.. I hope that you guys got to enjoy the sunshine today! We are getting ready for my brothers wedding this weekend and will be out of town Friday saturday adn some of Sunday! I have had troubles getting Izabell's dress tailored short enough have had to go there 3 times already! they bought a 2t and she is only 32 and some inches! i think i had them cut 5 inches off the dress good thing the rest has elastic in it! if there is anything that Steven or I can do to help you and your family during this time and when ever please let us know. from drinking tea (or wine:) and talking, helping run errands lending of books really please let us know

Liz1979 said...

Hi Shannon...This doesn't have anythng to do with th above post, but I happened to stumble upon another post from 2007 about Wren thrashing violently in his sleep at night. I have a 4 week old who is doing the same thing. Thrashing arms and legs, grunting and straining loudly, but not realy awake, and not crying at all. If I give him a pacifier, he will calm for maybe 5 mins, then start again. Was wondering if this sounds similar to what you went through, and if you ever found out what was causing it or if you found something out to stop it. Please help, I am pretty worried about my son! My email is erylance@sympatico.ca.