Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wren is sick

Wren woke slept lightly for a lot of the night and when I went in at 4am I found he had a fairly noticeable fever. I gave him Tylenol and he slept until 7.40am! This was fairly late even for our daylight savings morning and I think it was because he slept so badly and felt sick.

When he got up this morning he had a bad head cold and sneezing. His fever had gone in the early morning but came back before lunch and has remained at around 101-102 (I guess) until now, despite Tylenol.

He is not acting very ill - still running around and playing for short periods - but has a short attention span and likes to nurse a lot and be carried.

He has not lost his appetite and guzzled a tub of yoghurt at snacktime and chewed satsumas, goldfish and pears for lunch.

I hope he recovers soon and this doesn't become a family thing.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry Wren is sick. It is no fun having a sick baby to take care of! I hope he gets better soon and no one else gets it. I also wanted to say thank you for all your comments on my blog. I appreciate all your input, even though I rarely comment.

Shannon said...

Thanks Andrea
I am glad you have not been offended by my frank comments. I am sometimes accused of being blunt but I can't seem to bring myself to just give warm general support when I have an opinion :) Perhaps I need to work on that!

I have been so encouraged by your feelings of closure on the difficult decisions facing you.

Wyndi said...

we hope wren is feeling better today!!! thank you so much for coming to the party! it was so fun visiting with you! we should get together when everyone is feeling well! our kitchen in in progress i have to pick out paint for the dining room living room and soon kitchen urgh!find it challenging

Unknown said...

Poor Wren. He's been getting sick a lot this season, huh? I hope this will be the last illness for the rest of the year! Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me...

O yeah, and how are you doing with the night time sleeping? Is he still sleeping for longer periods of time? He reminds me so much of my firstborn! NT is 2 going on 3 and still wakes up 1-2 times a night! So, I feel your pain, girl.