Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fattening up



Wren is much better today and has been fever free for 48 hours. He has recently developed a fine red rash on his torso which I was told indicates the breakdown of a virus (a toxin?) so he is probably over whatever it was.

He is also eating very well. Today he fed himself yoghurt for the first time and ate one and a half tubs at lunch. He also ate plenty of fruit, hamburger bun, milkshake and whatever else was offered to him.

Here is a picture taken within the past few weeks which shows how much plumper his cheeks are.

I have also included a picture of Wren and I because I so seldom have nice shots of myself.

The Minivan cont...
This afternoon we went out to the Kia Dealership and test drove a Kia Sedona. We were really pleased with it although Frost and Joshua said it should have only a 4 and half star security rating because he caught his finger in the rear window catch when he tried to open it.

We are going to return on Wednesday and see what we can get for our car as a trade-in.

4 comments:

Wyndi said...

i have not seen one poor photo of you! your lovely! hope you have fun car shopping!

Shannon said...

Hi Wyndi
You are too sweet. Its just that I only put up nice pictures. I shall post a frumpy, scowly, jowly fat photo soon to prove the depths of my unphotogenicness. (is that a word?)

Of course, Wren and Frost look most beautiful in some of my frump photos so I should just get over it.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Wren is doing better. He always looks so good to me in the pictures...such a happy baby! And, you look great, too. I have 2 boys also and am in my jeans or leggings most of the day. Hard to put myself together when there's always one in my arm and the other on my pant leg...sigh. What would I be without them, though, right?

Sara said...

Shannon--
I happened upon your blog some time ago, Wren and my son are the same age. I just had to comment because we had a similar virus two weeks ago. The doctors didn't diagnose it because the rash did not come on until after our doctor visit because of the fever. Check out Roseola Infantum. Does it fit?
Check out my blog if you are interested in checking out what my 14 month old is up to.
Sara