Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Domestic Accident

Yesterday evening Wren was playing in the garden and started crying suddenly. When I ran over to him I saw that his eyebrow had a small but deep cut bisecting it. It was bleeding a lot.

I called the doctor to see whether they might stitch it and they suggested I bring him in. I am glad they did. She said it was gaping and would need a stitch or two or a Dermabond seal to avoid a more noticeable scar. He will probably have a scar regardless although most of it will be in his eyebrows. I now have a reason to hope they are bushy.

He cried a lot when they squirted syringes of water to clean it and did not like being held down for the gluing. It worked well and was quick and he looks wounded but does nto seem to be in pain from it.

I am still unsure how he became injured and despite some sleuthing in the yard none of us has come up with a clear culprit.

We are going to try and babyproof the yard a bit more this weekend because he loves being out there and is very bold.

1 comment:

Jane said...

so sorry to hear about this Shannon!

You'd think that being survivors of HEART SURGERY we'd be immune to the stresses of more pedestrian injuries, but it's still really hard and stressful.

Hoping for good healing, minimal scarring, and no more "incidents"...