Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Much many more

It has been only 3 days since my last post but I am overwhelmed with loose ends and stories untold. I feel as if I am sitting in my kitchen with 20lbs of apples and not sure what to make of them.

Ok, here are some little story-pies:

  • I went to an indian/middle-eastern grocery store today and bought mango chutney and mint chutney and ingredients for a new dal. It is made with squash and chicken and fresh fenugreek seeds and ground fenugreek. I am going to try and grow some fenugreek seeds to make leaves for the indian day in a few weeks. I love mint chutney. Nothing is wrong in the world when I am eating mint chutney.

  • Wren is recovering from his cold and loves playing with the animals. He spends a lot of time carrying his animals around. He makes them eat things (making a munching noise while pressing their faces into something he imagines to be food), make noises (pigs snort, cows moo sometimes, tigers roar, sheep baa) and they also chase and tickle people. He plays hide and seek with them too. He is a very good mimic. For example, he watched us playing the Clue boardgame and started to roll the dice himself and raise his arms as if going "yeah" when the dice fell.

  • I know I shouldn't but I have been following the carepages of some CHD babies who are awaiting or having surgery:
    Justin's Blog &
    Jacob's carepage = JRHONAKER

  • We went to Wyndi's wedding on Saturday. Wren was surprisingly good and liked to climb up and down the stairs and roam around the room. It was a beautiful wedding at the top of the Columbia tower and the food was delicious. Wren ate a great deal of fruit salad which reminded me to buy him more grapes and pineapple.

  • Mum is travelling somewhere in Africa. According to her itinerary she is in the Orange River Canyon tonight (or this pre-dawn darkness).

No comments: