Thursday, November 29, 2007

Vomit and Fat jokes

This is why you don't confide in your kids. Frost has begged to go to Baskin Robbins on the way home from school. We haven't been for 6 months so I agree. We go in. Frost orders a vanilla chocolate caramel swirl cup with m&ms on it. He picks the m&m's off as we leave. I ask for a taste. He says, loudly:

"Mummy, remember about your weight watchers and how you are getting fat! I don't think you should have a taste".

Of course, after 10 minutes he says that it is "a little rich" and he is "full" and I finish it off anyway. Wren is denied a taste even though he is pointing at it and hooting insistently. He is denied because he threw up in the Lighting Aisle at Lowes today. He threw up in a dramatic and voluminous fashion - 3 times, all over me and the cart and his clothes and the floor. He seemed to feel a lot better afterwards even though he was not noticably ill beforehand.

Later, he had the most stinky diaper in human history. It was the sort of thing that would be an evolutionary leap for carnivorous plants if they could but create a tenth of the stench. Not being a stink drawn insect I was appalled. Frost ran screaming. Wren has been a bit clingy this afternoon but I am not too concerned as he has not thrown up again or had diarrhea again.

We shall keep an eye on him tonight.

My first thought was that he has an awful tummy infection from chewing on the toilet plunger which he found in the cupboard this morning but now I recall he has had a little bit of spit-up and reduced appetite the last few days so perhaps he has a tummy virus.

We both bathed in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Wren isn't getting sick. Trevor was sick with rotovirus a few months, that is how it started out, throwing up several times then a few hours later the worst smelling diaper. I sure hope he is not getting it. Wren is getting so big, he is such a cutie!

Jackie and Trevor

Shannon said...

That thought occurred to me too as its the only serious stomach bug I am familiar with. He was vaccinated against rotavirus so he may have some immunity to it but we don't want anything serious! I am encouraged by the fact he hasn't thrown up again since that episode at noon and has nursed and eaten soup since then.

Still, it was very very vile.

I hope it doesn't last long as I hear rotavirus can stick around a long while.

Shannon

Wyndi said...

I hope that wren is doing better and was very happy to get your rsvp to the wedding:) yeah!!