Friday, October 5, 2007

Wren wants to feed himself

After a week or so of mealtime combat where Wren throws food, turns his head, wrinkles up his nose and makes raspberries and tries to climb out of the high chair as I feed him I have discovered the cause. Wren wants to feed himself.

Last night I gave him chicken, broccoli and potato pieces and he ate them all and would have eaten more but I ran out. He ate a handful of garden raspberries for snack. For breakfast, refusing my mango apple puree, he ate oat Os, half a banana and little bits of grape. He is very intent as he eats... chasing slippery pieces of banana around the tray until he captures them.

Although I wipe him down in the highchair when he is done I am invariably coated with slimy food when I take him out because some of it misses his mouth and goes down into the creases of his shirt and pants. Yummy. I refuse to change 3 times a day so my left shoulder is always coated with food remains. Stylish, huh? It is worse today because I am wearing black.

Outside its cold, raining and very very much Fall. We put up our decorations for Halloween and Frost chose his costume - he is going to be a ghoul.

This morning Frost lost his 5th baby tooth. Wren has grown 8 baby teeth and lower molars continue to swell ominously.

Last night Wren woke numerous times before midnight because Kitty Haiku was trapped in his room. I nursed him at 12.40 and he slept till 5am but was so tired when I went to get him that I put him back in bed after a nursing and he slept till 6.20am. A fabulous sleep in for me! AS a result I haven't had time to clean the house before breakfast. Oh, the price I pay for indolence and sloth.

No comments: