Thursday, September 27, 2007

9 Month pediatrician appointment

Wren had his 9 month well-baby checkup this week. He did not need any shots but did have a toe prick to check his iron. The good news is that he is no longer borderline anemic. His iron levels went up from 10 to 10.6 last time to 11.6 this week. I think it is all the lamb and vegetables he has been eating.

Overall, Wren continues to grow well. He is:

Height: 90th percentile
Weight: 75th percentile
Head: 70th percentile

His head has continued to increase slowly relative to his other measurements. It started off at 25th percentile so the pediatrician said we will watch that and if it continues to increase she may order a CAT scan to rule out any reason other than a big head. Frost's head behaved in the same way during his first year and he just has a big head so I am hopeful it will be all okay.

Other than that, Wren was meeting all the milestones she asked about. He babbles vowels and consonants, feeds himself with pincer grasp, crawls confidently and eats a variety of foods.

She was surprised to see that he can stand!

He only renegade behavior was not sleeping through the night and of course I was told that he doesn't need to eat at night for nutritional purposes. Hrmmm. She should tr telling him that at 2am.

Wren will get a flu shot this season but we don't know whether he will qualify for the Synagis shots. I need to call our insurance and check up on that.

2 comments:

Wyndi said...

we are happy that he is doing so good! GO WREN!! he is truly amazing! he is going to be walking in no time! I think it is because he has such a wonderful mom! I hope that you are getting some sleep and also good coffee:) I lost my phone that had your number stored in it, ok fine,I'll be honest we have boxes still waiting that box is not unpacked yet! lol! hope to hear from you~ wyndi

Shannon said...

Thanks Wyndi
I think of you guys often and always read your blog posts. I am so distracted and busy now that Wren is moving about, I don't seem to get anything done.

I will call as soon as I remember and have a spare moment.
Shannon