Wednesday, September 5, 2007

11 hours (well, almost)

Wren went to sleep at 7pm last night. He was out like a light. He woke briefly at 1.30am and woke for a nursing at 2am, roused a bit around 4am but just cried out once and then WOKE FOR THE DAY AT 5.45am!!!!

Of course, I was awake at 5am wondering what he was doing but still... it was a fabulous night's sleep for both of us. I hope that tomorrow builds on this foundation.

The greatest thing is he is back to his old self in the morning - crawling around, exploring, seeking floor nuggets and watching kitty in the back garden through the gate. He is smiley and happy. We both are!

Over the past few days Wren has learned a trick. If he has something in his mouth and I put my finger on his lips (as if about to scoop it out) and say "spit it out", he does. It saves us both a lot of indignity and biting.

Wren has been eating new food recently. He now has chicken dinner: blended carrot, squash, chicken and kale, teething biscuits with barley flour, gerber finger foods (ick) with some corn flour, white navy beans and lots and lots of raspberries. He even had a fry when we were in the U-district yesterday but wisely spat it out.

I have also found that Frost eats better when I don't feed him. Uh huh. I didn't give him lunch yesterday (long story without many excuses) and then we went out at 3pm. He asked for FOOD. I gave him a teriyaki chicken burger which he ate all up (with fries). Normally, he has to be coaxed and reminded to eat. While we waited for the burger he said:

Frost: I love food. I have a sore tummy and I feel hungry and then I get food and I eat it and it is so good and I feel sooo good. When is my food coming?

Okay, okay. I do not starve him on purpose. He had a carrot. He had access to a lot of food at home but didn't want it because he was playing lego at lunch. I just didn't follow up, okay? But it is refreshing to have him appreciate food instead of moaning about whatever is on offer.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

I am so happy to read the you both had a better nights sleep:) you sound more rested too:) I hope this conts fro you both and soon you feel your energy levels rise, I'm still waiting for some energy:) lol :) we should get together soon. izzy has surgery on the 14th and the week after will have braces on her arms so she would not be a fun play date but after that Wren and Izzy could play and hunt for floor nuggets together:)