Saturday, August 11, 2007

PG 2

Wren went to bed at 6.30pm because his second nap was not a long one. He slept until midnight when he started crying and it took 20 minutes of complaint before he fell asleep. This first waking was softening me up so when he woke again... at 1AM ugh... I nursed him quickly in hopes of better sleep.

I guess it backfired. He slept until 4am and then felt it was morning and no amount of nursing could convince him otherwise. He just wasn't hungry enough. So, I tried the "roam freely around the bed" thing I did last night. It didn't work. I was too tired to watch him and he was too tired to play but not too tired to avoid sleep. I put him back in his crib and he played and rolled quietly before starting yelling. He STILL could not nurse to sleep and started crawling when I brought him to bed. Eventually... at 5.35am (after a few attempts at nap-nursing) I put him in back in his crib for the second tiume and left the room. He cried loudly but fell asleep within 15 minutes. We both got another hour of sleep to get up around 7am.

I am not sure if these broken/extended nights are a step forward or back. They are better for me as I am less tired than getting up at 4.45am but perhaps I should just let him yell earlier?

Meanwhile, Josh finally got to go to archery last night ending a carless day for me and the kids. It was a long one with many irritations but in the end Shrek 3 for Wii arrived. While Josh was out Frost and I started playing Shrek and I am glad to say it is easy enough and forgiving enough for us both to enjoy it. I defeated all the bosses and found lots of treasure and Frost went to bed believing I am an all around good Mummy. I felt he was pretty good to because he ate all his rice, tofu, cabbage and broccoli (aka leftovers) stir-fry AND had a second helping. I cook roast chicken and he picks at the potato but loves this cabbage concoction? I will just have to accept it I guess. It was pretty tasty.

Just a while ago Wren and I came through from the bedroom to play on the living room carpet. Wren discovered the Wii controller and nearly Pii'ed on the Wii while I was diaper changing him. I couldn't resist that, sorry.

Coffee is now brewed. We are off to the farm today, belatedly. Tomorrow is the "Heart to Heart" CHD support group pool party. The group has been a great support for me, particular during the prenatal diagnosis and early surgery. I am looking forward to the pool. I am not looking forward to appearing in my slightly tight, semi-transparent swimsuit (don't you hate it when they kind of rub off and you are left wearing skeletal lycra?).

No comments: