Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Last night was a bit better

Last night was a bit better. Wren slept from 9pm till 2.30am and then another 2 and 2.5 hours. The first longer stretch gave me enough respite to rise above the reptilian brain for the day. Oh, and I watched Race Around the World Allstars while nursing. It sure amuses me to watch people rushing around the world on jet planes when I have been stuck on the couch for months. Tonight, Wren has gone to bed late and is thrashing around in very active REM sleep which makes it hard to sleep next to him. Josh has turned up the heat to make white noise. Mental note: buy white noise machine this week.

3 comments:

Dina said...

Shannon
Glad to hear your night was better. Lack of sleep can really make a person feel horrible.

To answer your question you left on my blog
Jilly has 2 ventricles but the hole between them can not be patched so they now act as a single ventricle pumping as one chamber. The hope is that the ventricle will last longer over time because she has both sides pumping and her heart function will be better than a true single ventricle. Her mitral valve is fine.
Surgery is May 14th at UCSF with Dr. Azakie. Our PC feels very comfortable with this now after getting confirmation from people she trusts.
Hope your nights continue to get better.
Dina

Shannon said...

Thanks Dina. I hope your planning goes well. I know how comfortable you are with UCSF so its good that you will be there.

Wyndi said...

I hope his leg is getting better and that you all have a good weekend.