Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sleep redux

Just when I thought we had this sleep thing down pat Wren goes and does a bizarre night on me. Here it is, Saturday morning, my day to SLEEEEEP IN and I am up at 6.45am, just glad to get out of the bedroom.

First, he slept for FIVE HOURS (9pm till 2am) then woke almost EVERY HOUR (no kidding - 3.30, 4.30.5.30, 6.45). I have slept with my head under a pillow half the night. I have now put him in the swing and he will, no doubt, sleep for another few hours so I might salvage some sleep on the couch if I don't succumb to coffee.

He wasn't up long each hour - just enough to cry and wake me then fall asleep after I patted and rocked him, or nursed him once.

Ugh, ugh, double-ugh.

I am trying to figure it out and I think he may have gas as he is grunting and stretching but honestly... why sleep 5 hours the same night? Its messing with my logic.

As always on nights of many interuptions I had lurid dreams. The ones I recall are three men being swept down a water sluice into a treatment works, playing a video game in real life inside the game (it was a Lord of the Rings Game) and doing lots of athletic feats with my strong body (it sure was a dream.)

I should start yoga again. I really should. They have a Mums and Babies class at 8 Limbs Yoga I mean to try.

Shannon

2 comments:

Wyndi said...

mom and me yoga sounds fun! I hope you got a nap this morning:)

Wyndi said...

we ARE GOING TO THE MEETING (opps caps lock) I think it will be a good one to attend. there are supposed to be adults with chds and also some of the cards present talking about child tee and adult transitions in the medical chd world. sothing like that. There is also a cat in the hat apperince at thrid place books tomoorw (lake forest park) that I am going to try to take izzy I hope you have a good day, hope that she is gentle with the rsv shot they make me feel sore just watching, uhg! maybe we will see you if not have fun in the garden:)