Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Somtimes when I wake up in the morning I imagine what I'd do if I was a celebrity. I'd call in my PA. She'd be named something like Jessica or Penny. Jessica/Penny would arrange for my masseur to come out the mansion ASAP to work on the stiff back and cramped shoulders I have from co-sleeping and wearing the sling half the day. At this point in the fantasy reality steps in in the form of Frost wanting breakfast and I figure I wouldn't be co-sleeping and stiff anyway if I was a celebrity. I'd have night-nanny named Laura/Jane or maybe an aupair Yvette/Brie who would take care of all the night-wakings.

Actually, last night was fabulous. I went to sleep with Wren at 9pm and he slept till almost 1am and then again till 5am and then we had a few hours of restless sleep (causing the back to be stiff as he remained in bed instead of transferring to the wedge). I didn't post yesterday because I was so exhausted. Wren slept okay on Sunday night but he started his sleep for the night at 8pm so he was kind of done good sleep at 3am and I went to bed at 10pm so I wasn't done at all.

Its interesting, Wren is developing a rudimentary kind of schedule. He likes to be awake from 2 to 2.5 hours before napping again. He takes a while to settle for a nap and then naps from 45minutes to an hour. He enjoys looking at his mobile and nursing. He loves diaper change (talks and smiles a lot during DC). He goes red still but only when he poops (around 4am and various times during the day). I am such a pro that I do diaper change in bed in the dark.

Anyway, I must now make breakfast and lunch and all those other morning essentials like coffee. If I was a celebrity I'd have it in bed, made by Charles/Stefan. Joshua?

4 comments:

Wyndi said...

Izzy falls asleep befpre me and wakes ready to go and I scold myself for not sleepng when she sleeps but I like having some time to check email and sort my day after she is asleep for the eveing:) I hope you feel better today after coffee:)

Shannon said...

I could only go to bed so early because I was so exhausted from the night before. I am usually just the same - I want a moment of utter peace. I don't even feel like talking.

Right now Wren is napping and I am doing bills, cleaning and email/blog in little bits as I scoot around.

Oh, Tivo recorded a show called Deal or No Deal for me as a suggestion. Its awful but I am watching it a bit and find it compelling... as long as I can fast forward when it gets tense. I hate tense things on TV and drive Josh crazy by using FFWD.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

Well, it sounds like you had another good night after no dairy, ha? Glad to hear it.

I can't wait until Ryan is doing 4-5 hours/night. Right now, he's on the every 3 hour schedule which really isn't too bad as long as I get my nap.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

I want myc ofee delivered too:) sounds like a nice fantasy. I have gotten ccloser to this. stevens paretns bought me a coffee maker you set the night before and on the days I remeber to set it I wake to fresh hot coffee:) saddly that is only about once a week because I am so tired at the end of the day