Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tylenot and the magician

I am staying over at the hospital while Josh is home. Its awful. Wren won't settle and its hard to soothe and carry him with all these wires attached. Plus, the damn monitors only raise my blood pressure. The longer he cries the higher his pulse and respiration. I overheard the receptionist say "...goes on like this give himself a heart attack". Now, she may have been talking about her boyfriend but I took it personally and tried harder to calm him. Nothing seems to work.

It was okay till they took blood draws to check his CBC and all that pre-op stuff and then there was the vitals check. He nursed for a short while and then started crying loudly and kept it up off and on for over an hour. I am exhausted. Why am I typing then? Cos my blood pressure is so high and he keeps grunting in the half sleep he has finally achieved with the help of a binky, more nursing, tylenol and a few worried visits from the nurse and the resident and the assistant resident.

They want to know what the problem is. WTF do I know? Being here? Being sleep deprived and having your blood squeezed out of you and trying to nurse in a too-narrow chair on a soggy pillow while monitoring patches tug on your skin? Having a constricted aorta that makes you breath super-fast and work hard to do anything? Being made to sleep in a bed that squeaks and wheezes like a steam-train when anyone touches it? Argh. I am venting.

I hope tomorrow is okay.

PS. Frost visited and was given a magician's hat by a magician doing tricks in the playroom. Frost loved it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon and Josh and Frost,

SA feels very far away. Wish I was there to give to all a big hug. Hope all goes well this am.
love D

Wyndi said...

I am sorry he is having a hard time. He is in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything let me know. wyndi

Wyndi said...

Izabell had both surgons from the cath lab for angiograms and balloning. Jones did her first angio and Johnston did her second. They were both wonderful, they took there time, explained things and came back to check on her post op.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon,
Just wanted to send hugs to you and Wren and our best wishes for a smooth morning. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Josephine