Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Anxiety - echo turbulence redux

We have had the echo and are waiting to hear how it looks from the cardiologist Dr Law. I am feeling depressed and teary. After hearing how well the cath procedure went I expected to see little turbulence past the valve and through the arch. Instead it looked pretty much the same to me. There was high velocity flow even as far as the descending aorta.

It freaked me out.

The ward resident heard that we are anxious and said not to worry and that Dr Law will be up soonish. The resident still thinks we are going to be discharged, probably. We are all waiting on Dr Law.

I don't know how much more of this up and down, elation and terror, I can take. But I don't see that I have any options for "not taking it" either. Its not like I can grab my plastic and go shopping now, is it? (Even less so because Tara has my purse which I left at the Fremont School yesterday.)

No comments: