Friday, December 22, 2006

Middle of one more day

I just spoke with Josh from the room and he says that Wren is not as swollen and is producing "a tremendous amount of pee". His pressures are 70/37 and 55/32 with dopamine down to FIVE!!

I think they will leave him there a while to stabilize. I shall go in this afternoon and see whether they have extubated or how things are going.

I wish I could just hang out there for hours but we are trying to catch up on a few errands and Frost has a pediatrician appointment this PM.

There is a bed in the room and I could lie on it all day and look out over Laurelhurst and Sandpoint way. Its about the 5th floor and there are rows of tall poplars about 15 feet from the window. Every time I sit there I can't help imagining a fire in the hospital and whether I could smash the window and LEAP across into the tree. I decide I couldn't then I wonder whether an aerialist with Circus Oz could do it. A monkey? An ape? Then I wonder how I would save Wren... do the fire doors work? Could they evacuate him with all his machines?

I think this indicates my mental state, anticipating perils and reprieve.

No comments: