Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas

I went down in the darkness to visit Wren and found him fast asleep and in a new ward. He is now in the general ICU (not cardiac). He is looking great.

I was there for rounds and this is the big news:
1) Wren is being transferred to "the floor". I gather this means he gets a bed in the general surgery ward as soon as one is available.

2) The surgeon looked at his incision and said it is probably opening because of infection and his skin is weakened by cortisone and the prostglandins. He feels it will heal from the inside with wet-dry dressing.

3) Wren's "work" is to eat. He has to get his calories by mouth before he can lose the tube. He gets fed 3 hourly and can nurse! I tried this morning and he complained mightily but managed to nurse for about 10 minutes on one side.

4) His last central line can come out.

All good news from us. I am very happy.

No comments: