Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sleeping through the night

Wren is sleeping through the night. He goes to bed around 8pm (most days a bit earlier) and wakes at 6am ( or a bit before). I still have the clocks 10-20 minutes fast so it varies.

This is wonderful.

It means he takes one 2 hour nap every day and I can plan my life a bit better. That said, today he slept early and went to bed early so he may have trouble tomorrow morning.

In the end I had to stop going in when he woke at 4.30am. I didn't go in at 5am either. I just let him chat and cry (sorrows) until 5.45am. After two days of that he slept right through till 6am.

I am very pleased. Cautious. Very pleased.

Thank you Tamsyn for the reality check. Your comment about wishing I could sleep through the night provided just a bit of extra oomph to help motivate me to continue with my plan.

No comments: