Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bacon lemonade

The alternative title for this blog post was "when kids cook..." so you can imagine what has been going on in our house.

Frost recently bought a child's cooking book from the thrift store. He has very much enjoyed making food, even though I have to help a lot and end up eating most of it.

This was not the case with the lemonade. The recipe was titled SUNRISE LEMONADE. Frost squeezed lemons, stirred, poured in homemade sugar syrup (made by Mum) and measured water. At the end he spooned in Cranberry concentrate. He mixed it all up in a big pitcher and with the recent heatwave we have enjoyed drinking it.

This morning I poured the dregs out into a glass. There were some things in the dregs. I know that there should not have been things in there but when kids cook they improvise and I thought he may have put in some lemon pieces or ginger.

I peered into the pitcher. At the bottom was bacon.



Yup, bacon.

It was cooked and sliced bacon that looked like the stuff I gave Wren for breakfast a few days ago. Methinks he took the opportunity to slam dunk some into the lemonade while my back was turned.

I felt a bit ill looking at it. Not that I have anything against bacon but I don't take mine stewed in lemonade for days.

Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hello,
That is great to read about Wren. It sounds as if he is doing quite well. Marin is doing great also. I am wondering if you ever are on Baby Center discussions. It seems like I have messaged with someone a long time ago on there with a son named Wren who had Shone's. That would be coincidental! My email is lindsaysells@sbcglobal.net