Thursday, September 13, 2007

A bit sickie

Wren had a good night of sleep last night but this morning, while with Brandi the babysitter, he fell asleep on the carpet. He felt a bit warm so I took his temperature which was 100. I don't think he is very ill but seems to be coming down iwth or fighting a virus.

I checked his mouth for teeth but instead noticed he has those white patches back. I managed to get an immediate appointment with the pediatrician (they had a cancellation) and it is indeed thrush. Wren now has medicine to be applied orally and on the inside of his cheeks 4X per day. He likes the flavor of the medicine but not the gauze wipe and rub that precedes it.

I managed to pick the quince on our morning walk. They were falling on the ground around the tree. I have 12 quince and am planning on making spanish quince paste to have with cheese as well as some poached quince. None of the baby books recommend quince as an early food but I am going to offer Wren some and see what he thinks.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

i hope that wren is feeling better and that your dinner came out good, it sounds great!