Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sleep Training Night 2

Last night went very well. Wren went to sleep at 8pm and slept until 4am. During that time I fed him in his sleep twice. On the second occasion I noticed the crib was damp so Joshua held Wren while I changed the bedding. I don't know whether he was sucking the sheet or peed but he seemed dry so its a mystery. His diaper was very very wet in the morning and the bed was wet around the lower part (again) so that is probably an indication he is still eating a lot at night.

After the bed was changed Joshua set him down and he went to sleep again without crying at all. He squirmed around a bit for a while but nothing that I don't do many times a night when I'm falling asleep.

He woke again (became restless) at 5.15am and since I had missed his 4am nursing (the plan is to not nurse if they are crying) I quickly picked him up and nursed him. He slept another hour or so until 6.30 and then lay there chatting happilly for 15 minutes until I woke up fully and we snuggled in bed.

Through the whole night (including bedtime and 3 wakings) there was less than 20 minutes of crying and even that wasn't loud or very sad crying.

Frost slept well too. So, that was a pretty good night.

Wren has now gone down for his first nap with about 10-15 minutes of intermittent crying. I think this was partly my fault because he became VERY excited watching Frost jumping and performing "bed exercises" before I set him down to sleep.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

I hope that tonight you get a little more sleep too:) I should probably work on a bed time for Izzy instead of holding her and rocking her to sleep but I am a marshmallow when it comes to letting her cry :)