Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cardiology appointment today

This morning (8-10.30am) Wren has his first post-discharge cardiology appointment. We have an echo first, then the usual checks and finally an appointment with Dr Lewin.

I had a nightmare about the appointment in which we were referred to the "nephrology" department and they wanted to scan me for an NG tube which was lost somewhere. I had to wait for hours in an administrative department staffed by social workers which looked very like an apartheid era "pass office" for "migrant workers". It was scary. Then I heard over the intercom that my mother and Frost had been carjacked and shot.

I woke up very alarmed but (this not being South Africa) no-one had been carjacked.

I hope no-one is carjacked today and the appointment goes well.

No comments: